These zucchini patties are a great way to sneak the veggies into your diet! This recipe uses minimal ingredients, and is an easy side dish or appetizer that is sure to impress. Or, you can make a batch for you and some friends to snack on. Either way, you won’t be able to get enough of these crispy, veggie-filled patties! Enjoy!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ C diced onion
- ½ all-purpose flour
- ¼ – ½ C cheese (I like to use grated parmesan!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I sometimes add dried herbs to the mix, too)
- Mix all the ingredients until the mixture is moist and evenly distributed.
- Heat olive oil (about 1-2 TBS) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop rounded tablespoons of the zucchini batter onto to pan, and fry on each side until the patties are golden brown (about 2 minutes on each side.)
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Zucchini: outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C; dietary fiber that will keep your body in the best shape for the long run; also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus (Organic Facts).
~Written by Alison Ryu