- 1 lb. of fusilli pasta
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ sweet onion, rinsed and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3 TBS mayo
- 2 TBS Greek yogurt
- 2 TBS sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil), chopped
- 2 TBS capers, chopped
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, and mix in the diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and sweet onion.
- Warm the frozen corn in the microwave, about 30-45 seconds. Combine this, along with the garbanzo beans into the pasta mix.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients.
- Coat the pasta mix in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Benefits of Food Items
Garbanzo Beans: contains 27 grams of carbohydrate, your body’s preferred source of fuel, and 6 grams of muscle-building protein. Each serving as 5 grams of dietary fiber and are full of magnesium, potassium and iron.
Tomatoes: wealth of nutrients and vitamins, including an impressive amount of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as significant amounts of vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin.
Avocado: contain pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C. It is a “healthy fat” that can actually lower risk of heart disease.
(healthyeating.com) ~Written by Alison Ryu