Ready for your cheat day? These cookies are some of my favorites! They’re low-fat, easy to make, and perfect to take on the go. Enjoy!
- 1 1/3 C flaked coconut
- ¼ C granulated sugar
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, and salt for about 2 minutes (soft peaks.) Fold the egg white mixture into the coconut mixture. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool, and enjoy!
Sweet Tooth Variation:
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave, then dip the bottoms of the cookies after they cooled.
- Flaked Coconut:
- 2.68 grams of protein: rebuilds cells and helps you maintain healthy tissues and muscles
- 4.2 grams of dietary fiber: reduces your risk of constipation and hemorrhoids by encouraging proper digestion and regular bowel movements. The nutrient might lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer as well.
- Iron: crucial for the formation of hemoglobin, which is the protein in red blood cells that is responsible for getting oxygen to each part of your body
- 1.69 milligrams of zinc: crucial to the strength and health of your immune system, and it also plays a critical role in wound healing
~Written by Alison Ryu