Here’s a healthy (and just as delicious) version of mashed potatoes! This will only take you 20 minutes to make, and it’s the perfect side to any main dish. Plus, it’s super easy, so don’t feel bad about having this a few times a week! Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS milk
- ½ TBS butter (use whipped for a lower-fat version)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot halfway with water, and bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam, about ten minutes.
- Heat a small skillet with oil and sautée the minced garlic until fragrant, about two minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower and let cool.
- Transfer half the cooked cauliflower to a food processor. Blend on medium-high. When the mixture is creamy, add the remaining cauliflower and blend again.
- Add the garlic, parmesan cheese and milk and blend on low (blend until you reach a desired texture, depending on how creamy you want the cauliflower.)
- Stir in the butter and season the mashed cauliflower to taste. Transfer to a large bowl and serve. Enjoy!
- Cauliflower: excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. Additionally, it is a good source of vitamin B2, protein, vitamin B1, niacin, and magnesium (whfoods.com)
~Written by Alison Ryu