As a college student, I don’t always have the time to cook fancy meals. However, this doesn’t mean that I have to sacrifice my health. Here is a super easy and healthy meal I make all the time using just a microwave! If you like these microwave recipes, like or comment below!
Total time to make: 7 minutes
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp dijon mustard
- juice from 1/2 a lemon and 1/4 a clementine
- 3/4 tbsp orange marmalade
- Mix the sesame oil, dijon mustard, lemon and clementine juice, and orange marmalade together to create a rub
- coat the salmon in this sauce
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes on a microwave friendly plate until the salmon starts to flake
- Add some green onions or garnish to finish.
- Add a side salad of your favorite veggies. Mine are cucumbers, spinach and tomatoes. If you have any leftover sauce, I like to drizzle it over the salad as a dressing.
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 servings:
30g protein, 8g carbs, 308 calories, 9g fat, 6g sugar
- “Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Great Source of Protein
- High in B Vitamins
- Good Source of Potassium
- Loaded With Selenium
- Contains the Antioxidant Astaxanthin
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- May Benefit Weight Control”
~Written by Ruby Liu